Senior Resource Analyst
Scott has worked at Roc Oil (Roc) as a senior commercial analyst, having previously spent ~16 years on the sell-side as an equity research analyst for listed E&P Companies. Whilst at Roc Scott looked at many Australian oil and gas opportunities and exploration plays, as well as various listed and unlisted M&A opportunities. He has completed significant work on East Coast gas markets, both at the asset level and corporate level as well as conducting detailed analysts of certain PNG assets.
Over his career, Scott has also worked on detailed valuation, commercial analysis/report writing, presentation material, preliminary due diligence and comp comparison in the energy sector. Including various valuation/modelling work with Santos on some parts of their SE Asian portfolio.
Scott has been recognised on the sell side, for his commitment and commerciality over the years, having received the following accolades:
- 2001-2003 Greenwich & Associates: number-one ranked oil and gas team (ABN Amro) - associate analyst working with senior analyst Paul Ashby;
- 2006 Starmine Australia and New Zealand No. 2 Stock Picker (BBY);
- 2006 Starmine Australia and New Zealand No. 1 Stock Picker Energy & Utilities (BBY);
- 2012 Starmine Australia and New Zealand No. 1 Stock Picker Energy (BBY); and
- 2013 East Coles Investment Banking Awards - Best Independent Equities Research Analyst (BBY).